Range: Rules and Regulations
You must be at least 21 years of age to shoot a handgun without a parent or guardian.
You must be at least 18 years of age to shoot a long gun without a parent or guardian.
**Please, no steel-core, steel-case or aluminum-cased ammunition.
- Keep all firearms pointed down range at all times.
- Fire only when all persons are behind the firing line and safe conditions exist.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- Firearms are not to be left loaded and unattended on the range.
- Always keep the action open and firearm unloaded–with magazines removed–until ready to fire.
- Understand the operating mechanism and safety features of your firearm. Should you have any questions, please ask one of our range professionals.
- All firearms that are not holstered must be cased in an unloaded condition while going to or from the range.
- Eye and ear protection must be worn at all times.
- Never handle, load or unload a firearm behind the firing line.
- All loading/unloading procedures should be conducted in your lane.
- Do not bring any loaded or jammed weapons off the range for any reason. If you experience a problem, place the gun on the shelf in your lane and notify the range officer.
- Upon the command "CEASE FIRE" stop all shooting immediately, put down your firearm and back away from the firing line.
- No food, drink, gum or tobacco is permitted inside the range.
- No rapid-fire permitted. Please allow at least one second between shots.
- Do not exchange firearms with another lane: Switch shooters–not guns.
- Wash your hands each time you leave the range.
- No drawing from a holster without prior scheduling and qualification through Sherwin Shooting Sports staff.
- ALL 5.56 and 7.62 rifle ammunition brought into the range is highly scrutinized.
- Shotguns are currently slug-only. Full choke Turkey guns are allowed with prior notice.
- No steel core or steel case ammunition.
- A maximum of three shooters per lane is permitted.
- Open doors to/from the range one at a time.
It is incumbent upon all shooters to act responsibly. If you observe an unsafe condition, report it to a range officer immediately. Remember, eye and ear protection on at all times…open one door at a time…have fun…and be safe!
*Sherwin Shooting Sports Staff reserves the right to deny access to, or remove any individual from the firing range at any time they feel that a person(s) is presenting a danger to the other individuals on the range.